STYLING & MAINTENANCE GUIDE
You’ve elevated your hair game with Covet & Mane extensions – now it’s time to take care of them. Here are some of our hair care tips and tricks for styling and maintenance:
- Rough dry your hair with your hands to get the majority of the water out. When your hair is about 85% dry, you can use a round brush to help smooth it out.
- We highly recommend using heat protectant when styling your hair–place it on your hand first and run it through the ends of your hair to keep it hydrated and nourished, avoiding the root.
- Avoid hair masks, high protein products, and Moroccan oils as these products will cause protein buildup on the scalp and change the color of the extensions, adding warmth to the hair (especially blondes).
- Avoid round brushes and bristles with balls on the ends, as they can cause hair strands to stretch, break, and tangle. Opt for gentle styling tools that respect the integrity of your extensions.
- Avoid using heavy oils and silicones that can weigh down the hair, causing it to appear dull, dry, and tangled. Instead, opt for premium products with nourishing properties that won’t strip away moisture.