SWIMMING WITH EXTENSIONS GUIDE
You’ve elevated your hair game with Covet & Mane extensions – now it’s time to take care of them. Here are some of our hair care tips and tricks for swimming with extensions:
- Yes, you can get your extensions wet!
- Mineral sunscreen is a must-have for anyone with hair extensions. Avoid chemical sunscreens containing Avobenzone and Octocrylene, which can cause discoloration and a pinkish tone. Mineral sunscreen lacks these harmful ingredients and won’t affect your extensions, providing essential protection against sun damage.
- Before getting into the pool or ocean, wet your hair and apply a leave-in conditioner. There are often minerals found in bodies of water that can react poorly with your extensions, causing dryness and discoloration.
- If you swim regularly, wear a swim cap to protect your extensions.
- Keep your hair off your face and neck by putting it in a ponytail, bun, or braid. Rinse your hair thoroughly with clean water immediately after swimming to remove any chlorine or saltwater residue.
- Brush each row individually before and after swimming to prevent matting and tangling.
- Keep your natural hair and extensions healthy and hydrated by using leave-in conditioners, hydrating balms, and hair oils to prevent your natural hair and the extensions from drying out and becoming discolored from the sun.