WASHING & BRUSHING GUIDE
You’ve elevated your hair game with Covet & Mane hair extensions – now it’s time to take care of them. Here are some of our hair care tips and tricks for washing and brushing:
- Avoid over-washing your hair extensions – what is the ideal frequency: We suggest washing once or twice a week.
- Always brush your hair before getting into the shower to avoid tangling or matting.
- Detergents are not your friend. Opt for a sulfate free shampoo to prolong longevity of extensions and hair color.
- Thoroughly cleanse in between wefts as well as completely rinse any excess conditioner.
- Use a lightweight detangler & heat protectant after washing
- We also suggest that during winter months you consider using a very lightweight hair oil or serum 2-3 times a week on your ends to lock in moisture.
- When you’re done showering, squeeze your hair dry (don’t rub!) and hydrate your hair with a leave-in conditioner. We recommend putting your hair in a towel turban to help soak up any excess water.
- When brushing, pinch your hair like a ponytail and brush from the bottom up.
- It’s extremely important to brush through your hair multiple times a day to avoid matting and knots.
- Brush each row individually, starting mid way and making your way to the top of the weft.
- To maintain optimal hair health, we advise periodically using a clarifying shampoo every 4-6 weeks. This deep-cleansing treatment removes any product buildup, deposits, or impurities that can dry out the hair. The result? Fresh, revitalized strands that are ready to shine.
- Make sure to use a light conditioner for Asian Remy extensions as conditioner can become heavy and cause build up.
- We recommend using a sulfate-free shampoo that cleanses without compromising the hair’s natural balance