WASHING & BRUSHING GUIDE
You’ve elevated your hair game with Covet & Mane extensions – now it’s time to take care of them. Here are some of our hair care tips and tricks for washing and brushing:
- Avoid overwashing your hair – try washing once or twice a week.
- Brush your hair before getting into the shower to avoid tangling or matting.
- Use sulfate free shampoo to prolong longevity of extensions and hair color.
- Thoroughly cleanse in between wefts as well as completely rinse any excess conditioner.
- Use a detangler/heat protectant after washing & use a hair oil everyday to ensure nourishment.
- When you’re done showering, squeeze your hair dry (don’t rub!) and hydrate your hair with a leave-in conditioner. We recommend putting your hair in a towel turban to help soak up any excess water.
- When brushing, pinch your hair like a ponytail and brush from the bottom up.
- It’s extremely important to brush through your hair multiple times a day to avoid matting and knots.
- Brush each row individually, starting mid way and making your way to the top of the weft.